Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowy Second Creek Bridge


The walk across Second Creek Bridge was not quiet - the snow crunched underneath my boots like saltine crackers. The water  in the creek was trickling across the rocks and added a sense of peace to my existance as I crossed over the bridge. Not many people were on the trails today, but since the temperatures held at the freezing mark and the sun shone brightly, those who were there were able to take full advantage of the beauty around them.



I took this picture of animal tracks in the snow, but neglected to put something next to them for size comparison. Each print was every bit of three to three-and-a-half inches wide and as long. These were found around the duck pond. As I walked on, I saw these tracks in a perfect circle, six foot in diameter.







This is the same view of the cemetary that was taken in October. Gone are the beautiful fall foliage colors, but the etherial calm is much pronounced.

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand...and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late."  Marie Beyon Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, suggestions, and thoughts are important to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!