Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Festival of the Trees: The Beauty of a Tree

Trees remind us that there is always hope
for a rebirth, a refreshed spirit, and a renewal of life.

I love photographing trees (as you can tell). Maybe it's because they always stand still for me so I can get just the right shot.
Or...maybe it's because they've weathered so many storms and are still standing strong. Maybe it's because they try so hard to stay alive; sending roots down deep to reach the water, stretching branches every which way to reach the sun.

Soon green leaves will cover the trees in the parks, along the roadsides, and in the forests. Us older folks will rest in their cool shade, young lovers will steal kisses under their canopies, small children will swing from their stalwart limbs.

Trees give and endure.
Trees prepare for winter and survive.

The true beauty of a tree is its life. 

I took these spring pictures on my LG Voyager at sunset in the city park yesterday. Never do I cease to be amazed at the quality of camera lens on this old phone.


13 comments:

  1. I agree with you - trees really do try to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top picture of the tree with the pink blossoms... do you know what kind of tree that is? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol- nevermind! When I clicked on the picture, I saw that the file name was "dogwood," so I guess that answers my question!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops! It looks more like a Saucer-cup Magnolia. Sorry about that. I admit, I am no tree expert.
    Beautiful Magnolia trees are very hard to grow in this climate, (they need lots of TLC) but I'm seeing more of them around these parts. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! My favorite native flowering trees, the redbuds, are just starting to bloom where I am and I smile every time I see one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shot of the Japanese Magnolia (?) blossoms. Gorgeous. Trees are a great reminder of rebirth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi prairie walker

    I loved your second photo the top half of which resembles a Chinese landscape painting....

    Happy days

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous images, wonderful post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! may i use the first picture on here in the next edition of the festival of the trees that i will be hosting on my blog?
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the nice comments. Yes, Arati, it would be an honor for you to use this picture. Sorry for the late reply.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, suggestions, and thoughts are important to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!