Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Chill

    Winter has not officially begun here in Illinois, but around here the weather never goes along with the calendar. It's just downright frigid! Not winter? It takes ten minutes to get myself dressed to give the dog a five minute walk.
     Today I put a coat on my dog (yea, I know, but she doesn't have much fur) and took her for a brief walk to do her business. I tried the old trick of putting Vaseline on her paws to protect them from the snow and ice.
     After a few yards of walking, she limps and whines. So I kneel to give her lots of lovin', and we head home. On the way, she jumps into a snowdrift in my neighbors yard, and I think she's going to do her "thing", when suddenly she drops and lays her head down in the snow like she's ready for a nap. The little trickster! She was just fine all along, and had fooled me into thinking she was hurt. Finally she jumped up and continued on our walk with pep in her step and a grin on her face!
     I guess winter days are not so bad when you can share them with a friend.

Check out My World Tuesday                   SkyWatch Friday               Sepia Scenes

The wind is much calmer today then it was yesterday! This flag looks like it took a beating during the 50-60 mile per hour gusts that we had, but the evening sun seems to make the stripes glow, despite the tear. 


4 comments:

  1. Yep, life sure is good when you have a friend by your side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still having the storm in N. Ont. Apparently it should be gone by tomorrow. Those winds were really something. Boom & Gary Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they were, Gary. And you are dealing with so much more snow then we had. But an ice storm is heading here tomorrow! Never a dull moment! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been way below average here in North Florida...beautiful capture.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, suggestions, and thoughts are important to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!