Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cooler Weather At Last!

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
- Helen Keller
I finally made it back out to BNC for a couple of photo shots after a much-needed rain brought a drop in temperatures from high 90's to low 70's. Many others also came out to enjoy the late summer blooms found along the trails.


Shot this sunrise in the parking lot of my school. It was a great start to my day!
For sky photos from around the world, check out SkyWatch Friday




Why should we live with such hurry and waste of life? We are determined to be starved before we are hungry.
- Henry David Thoreau

4 comments:

  1. A lovely sunrise indeed and the flowers look so grateful for the rain.

    Thank you for sharing with Our world and have a happy, cooler day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots. The light in the last photo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everyone. The light in the last photo was amazing. I can't take credit for that. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, suggestions, and thoughts are important to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!