Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Longing for Summer

I was dreaming of summer so I took a picture walk through my photo collection. This picture was shot early one summer morning in '09. This is the same pond where the Spring Peepers video clip was shot in yesterday's post. The building in the background is the Visitor's Center, a great place to get some up close bird watching.  Below is a current picture of a pond on Second Creek Trail. As you can see, gray skies, rain, brown earth and fallen grasses dominate the landscape for yet another week. If it weren't for the melody of the songbirds, and the little bit of green peeking through, I might think it was still January.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, suggestions, and thoughts are important to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!