Monday, July 27, 2009

2nd Creek Bridge Overlook


I was excited to come upon a new trail on one of my recent walks. It's a spot that sits several yards above the main entrance road and looks out towards the 2nd Creek bridge. This serene place is located at the top of the hill on the northeast corner of the kid's fishing pond. The overlook hosts a bench to rest and enjoy a great summer view of the peaceful setting. I liked the dragonfly on the sign below.


We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.

Albert Einstein

Help! I'm trying to identify the plant above. Is it Meadow Blazing Star (Liatris ligulistylis),
Rough Blazing Star (Liatris aspera) , or something else? I thought it was bee balm, but the color doesn't seem right. Whatever the plant, the bees were having quite a time with these flowers.


Many bees were out in the afternoon sunshine today searching for the sweet nectar on purple coneflowers (Echinacea purpurea). These are spotted throughout Illinois both on the prairies, in neighborhoods, and in my own back yard... yours, too?


See the beauty in nature every day. C M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, suggestions, and thoughts are important to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!