Friday, July 22, 2011

Keep Looking

       Keep Looking Up. These three words helped me as I was growing up. They reminded me that I was not alone, there was someone else to help me shoulder my burdens. This knowledge gave my young mind peace and security, if not serenity.
       Today, I focus on the first two words:
Keep Looking
       Since regaining my vision recently, I can't seem to stop marvelling at the beauty that lies outdoors, especially the sky. Courtesy of our own atmosphere (however embattled) we have a pro-offered pallette of peace. Diamond-lit black at midnight, infinite white at high-noon, oranges, yellows, and purples at twilight. And the blues! From slate and cesious, to celeste and hyacinthine, nothing is a better backdrop for what the earth yields then these heavenly colors.















6 comments:

  1. I found your picture and your narrative quite inspiring. It was good to read you story, and I'm so glad you have your vision back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the way the trees are framing the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Wanda, nice Art Blog you have, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ever Green Tree, the framing was a bit tricky. I couldn't just aim my camera straight up without having vertigo issues. Lying flat on my back was the only (safe) way, since the location was at the top of a hill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine what a miracle it must seem like to regain one's vision and see the beauty that is around us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Joyful, it is such a miracle!Words cannot express...I am so thankful...I can't even begin to speak of how this has changed my life.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, suggestions, and thoughts are important to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!